Saturday, April 6, 2013

Whole30 Day6

I loaded up the kids this morning and headed down to the Farmer's Market. We got some good stuff!

Butternut squash, kale, broccoli, cucumbers, strawberries, cauliflower, zucchini, & cherry tomatoes


I drank my coffee with coconut milk before leaving the house...


I tried dehydrating some strawberries in the oven.


They were yummy, but it was time consuming. If I had a food dehydrator it would be another thing.


I prepped the butternut squash for easy use this week.


I also made some massaged kale


Then I roasted the seeds from the butternut squash.  No reason for waste :)
Breakfast:

Spinach salad with egg, bacon, cherry tomato & sunflower seeds (Dressed with balsamic and olive oil)
Yeah, I ate salad for breakfast lol.

Lunch:
Tuna w/massaged kale


Plus some raw almonds and strawberry "candy"
Post Workout:

I was HUNGRY so I had some almonds, raisins and sunflower seeds.

Dinner:

Steak, artichoke & roasted butternut squash
Exercise: Deadlift & Dumbbell shoulder press (6 sets/5 reps) + 15 minute intense "Dance Party" with the kids.

Overall:
I definitely felt hungry this afternoon! I am trying to follow my hunger cues, which meant I ate a snack :) The Farmer's Market trip and prep was very productive.  I have my shopping list and plan on hitting the grocery store tomorrow for everything else I need for the coming week.  To be prepared is to be successful!  Tuesday we have a party to go to at a Mexican restaurant, which should be interesting.  I see fajitas on the horizon :)

How do you deal with social engagements? Any tips to help me?

5 comments:

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Eating out would be so hard on Whole30. i'd definitely get fajitas and sit far away from the chips and salsa. ;)

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

Look at all that wonderful food from the farmer's market!

I haven't eaten out during the Whole30, it really intimidates me. I wish you lots of luck!

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Wow what a great day! Those stawberries look sooooo good!

Ryan Cowley said...

I'm impressed with your Farmer's market haul this early! And there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a salad for breakfast! I had one the other day and when a couple of my friends found out about it, they thought I was crazy! Ummm...so it is crazy to eat something healthy for breakfast? Looks like things are still going well for you!

Anonymous said...

We have a food dehydrator and I can tell you...it's time consuming!!