Sunday, April 14, 2013

Whole30 Day13

Breakfast:
Chicken patty, fried egg, spinach & sweet potato w/coconut oil + coffee (not pictured)
Lunch:
Chicken patties w/mashed avocado, snap peas, green beans & cucumber
Snack:
Banana chips, almonds
Sunflower seeds, almonds & raisins
Not pictured- 2 slices of bacon, small piece of chicken, 1/2 banana w/smear of coconut oil, sausage patty (basically I was standing in front of the fridge grabbing things to eat that were leftover).

Dinner:
HB eggs (nope, not a veggie in sight )

Exercise: Strength- deadlift, db shoulder press, db bicep curl (6sets/5reps) + 25 min yoga
I added 10 lbs to my deadlift on the last set! Yay me!

Overall: It was a tough day for me. The kids didn't sleep very well Friday night so I was up and down several times with them. When it came time to do the grocery shopping they weren't behaving as well as I would've liked. By the time we got done I was frazzled and frustrated. Apparently yesterday was "annoy your sibling day" ALL.DAY.LONG. By afternoon I was at wits end with them. I fell back into an old pattern of eating. I wasn't hungry but I ate anyway. I didn't eat any non-Whole30 foods, but I was eating mindlessly. No good. Today is a fresh day though. I got a good night's sleep and I'm ready to take on the day.

What do you do to avoid stress/comfort eating?











2 comments:

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

When my kids are cranky and it's around 3:00 that's when I want to eat everything in sight! I wonder why? As soon as I feel stressed with my kids I just want to eat. Probably because eating gives us that rush of happiness. They explain it in It Starts With Food. I'm not sure how to fix that...

Amber said...

I'm not in a place to talk about avoiding eating things I shouldn't after this weekend! But tomorrow is a new day... half way :)