Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Whole30 Day 9

Breakfast:

Ground pork patty, spinach, fried egg & sweet potato
I almost felt guilty eating my breakfast....it was so freaking good!!! Plus my coffee (not pictured). I was in heaven!

Lunch:

Chicken patty & massaged kale

Dinner:
Kale, chicken, apple & sunflower butter

Snack:
Still hungry after dinner. Almonds, raisins & sunflower seeds
Exercise: 20 min Strength- Squats, calf raises, alternating single arm kb swing (6 sets/5 reps) + 20 min Pilates.

Overall: Another "feeling great" day.  The "going out" to Mexican tonight turned out a bit differently than I imagined.  By the time my mother-in-law got to my house (late), things had basically wrapped up.  I went and sat with my husband for a while then drove him home (he had been there for several hours drinking with the guys).  Oh well, took the decision about what to eat off the table :) but that meant I had to scramble a bit to figure out what to eat for dinner.
  
What's your quick "go-to" meal??


6 comments:

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I am so nervous about going out to eat while doing the Whole30. I don't want to "cheat" and not even know it... Ya know? You were probably hungry because you didn't have enough fat at dinner... Maybe some avocado? Just a thought.

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Great day Tiffany! That breakfast looked REALLY good!!

Kim @ Living Laughing Losing said...

My go to has been salmon cakes and roasted sweet potatoes/carrots.

Jenny {Paleofoodiekitchen} said...

Massaged kale, yummy!!! My quick go to meal is sauteed chicken sausages and brussels sprouts.

Anonymous said...

I love doing a burger patty with a soft-cooked egg on top with a salad.

Funny you didn't have to worry about the Mexican dinner anyway. It's always the case where I freak and stress out about "what am I going to eat there?!?" then it ends up not even being an issue.

Jeanette said...

Nice breakfast! Breakfast is often my favorite meal of the day... Its usually super colorful, full of different textures, and just overall really tasty :)

Eating such a great breakfast usually reduces my food obsessions for the rest of the day, because I am completely satiated!