Monday, April 15, 2013

Whole30 Day 15

Let me start by saying, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those lives touched by the bombings today in Boston. It saddens me greatly. It seems a little callous to just go on with things as usual, but I don't really know what else to do or say. The fact is, there is evil out there. Bad people often do horrific things. I will continue to do as much good as I humanly can and do my part to teach my children to love others and do right.

Pre-Workout:

Coffee w/coconut milk, almonds & 1/2 banana
Breakfast:
2 fried eggs plus leftover broccoli and roasted carrots
Lunch:
Turkey breast w/avocado & snap peas
Dinner:
Pork roast, asparagus & "Kids love cabbage salad" from Everyday Paleo

I made a berry balsamic reduction to go with the pork roast after seeing both Kristen and Jess eating berries & pork together. Oh my! It was sooooo good. I can't wait for leftovers tomorrow. My son gobbled it up and I even got the nod from hubby that I did good lol.


Berry Balsamic Glaze
-Equal parts berries & balsamic vinegar (I did 1 c each, but you could half that)
-1 Tbs lime juice (ish)
-dash of cayenne, garlic powder, & black pepper

Combine ingredients in a saucepan and cook on medium heat till reduced by about half. Mash the berries as it reduces, and stir frequently.
(I used a mixture of frozen berries {raspberry, blackberry & blueberry}but you can use fresh or frozen of your choice).

Exercise: 30 min Strength training (db bench press, sit-ups, front raise) 6 sets/5reps, 16 min HIIT (mountain climbers, high knees, plank jacks, skaters) 4 sets, & 25 min Pilates.

Overall: Today was actually one of my best days since starting the Whole30. I rolled out of bed at 5 a.m., flipped on the coffee pot and enjoyed some quiet time with my iPad & the news. I got one blissful hour of time alone. It was fantastic. After getting the kiddos set up with breakfast I bopped out to the garage for my workout. Getting that out of the way before taking my oldest to school was good because it gives me more time to handle other stuff during the main part of my day. Score one for me. This will have to be a regular thing. MUST.CREATE.NEW.HABIT. I didn't get hungry, I had tons of energy & I was super productive. Yay.

Have you tried any interesting food combinations lately? 








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Nothing to do but keep on keepin' on, ya know?

The food looks yummy! Glad you had a great day!

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Yummmmm I am making that glaze today to have with lunch! I love that feeling of being set up for the day before the kids get up, it was something that my mum always did and I picked that up when I became a mum...eeekkk 15 years ago.