Thursday, April 11, 2013

Whole30 Day 11

Breakfast:
Coffee w/coconut milk
Butternut squash puree, zucchini, spinach, eggs & ground pork

Lunch/Snack:
Coconut water from the coconut I was using to make more milk

Avocado, cucumber & tomato
Dinner:
Chicken stir-fry

Exercise: Strength- pull-ups, dips, push-ups 6 sets/5 reps + 25 min yoga &10 min Pilates.

Overall: Today was completely different from yesterday. I had tons of energy. I wasn't hungry. In fact, I ate my "lunch" at about 3 pm because I was getting hungry and I didn't want to be starving while I cooked dinner. I didn't have any readily available protein, so veggies and avocado filled my belly :)
After some thought, I really think that the butternut squash I ate this morning is what made the difference in how I felt today. I think I am going to try sweet potato tomorrow morning and see if I have similar results...











3 comments:

Kim @ Living Laughing Losing said...

I had a little bit of sweet potato every morning during my Whole30 and it seemed to do a good job of keeping me full until lunch.

Congrats on a great day..the stir fry looks yummy! :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I need to make a stirfry! Yummm!

Anonymous said...


That avo and veg plate looks beautiful!

I find my day goes better when I have some starch with breakfast, too.