Friday, January 1, 2010

Healthy livin' in 2010

It seems like everyone is posting about their resolutions for 2010. I generally don't do the whole "New Years Resolution" list. But, I did some thinking on my run this morning (I know, scary huh?). Thinking about what I've been letting slide. Thinking about my goal weight. Just thinking about what I need to do to get comfortable in my own skin. So what did I figure out you ask? Here are a few of the high points.
First off, exercise makes me feel good so I need to make the time to do it. Having a race to train for really makes a difference so I need to make sure I am doing one every few months. Secondly, sugar is my enemy. I'm talking candy, cake, ice cream.....sweets (period). So I need to stay away because if I eat a little it opens a door that I have a hard time locking back down. And finally, I need to ditch the alcohol for a while. I don't drink alot, but lately I've been slipping back into the habit of a beer or two or a glass of wine in the evening. While this is not a big deal, I know that while losing weight I do better if I banish the alcohol altogether.
So there we have it, I guess I did make some resolutions for the new year.....exercise, no sugar, & no alcohol (till goal). Healthy living in 2010 if you want to boil it down. I'm using the Skinny Mini as a jumping off point. I've set my goal where I want to be by the end of the month and I am going to push, push, push to get there. It's not to late to join the party either. If you want to participate in the challenge email me by Monday Jan 4th. Let's kick off the new year right!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Sounds like you know what you want and that's a good thing. We can't lose focus on what's important when things haven't gone exactly as planned. These blogs have been such an encouragement and I'm so glad to have come across yours a few months ago.

I think your challenge will do me good. I'll be sending my weight on Jan. 4th. I'll take it as a good omen as 4 is my favorite number!:) Happy New Year!