Wednesday, January 27, 2010

No candied walnuts please...

Gotta share my little NSV (non-scale victory) from this evening. And let me say, I'm glad I had that drop on the scale this morning, cause otherwise I probably would've had a very BAD day. Having that drop helped keep me focused tonight.
Anyway, Wednesdays are more hectic for our family than every other day of the week. Well, hubby said he would figure out dinner {since he couldn't decide} while I was working today in piglet's kindergarten class. Fine, one less thing for me to think about. Unfortunately, he didn't. So, after much discussion we ended up going out...to a restaurant we've never tried. An Italian place that just, Oooo, smelled heavenly. I did have a bite of the fresh bread, a bite {maybe two} of piglet's mac'n'cheese, but I ordered a grilled chicken salad, minus the candied walnuts, with the rasp. vinaigrette on the side. Even though today was supposed to be a higher calorie day, I knew if I ordered anything else, I would probably be in trouble. So, I was good. I had a taste of the tiramisu that hubby brought home for dessert, but satisfied myself with a SF pudding and later, a cup of tea. And I am proud of myself!
Thank you all for the kind comments about my latest drop, that's really helping motivate me forward. Now, off to lift weights while I watch some TV :)

5 comments:

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

NICE JOB making good choices about your meal ..protein..veggies....whoot.....and then just nibbling on the not-so-good stuff. Atta Girl.....working it like a 130-something would. :)

Leslie said...

Very smart to have them hold the walnuts. Something like those could derail a whole good day of sane eating for me. Good work!

sabrina said...

Go Tiff!!!

Lucy said...

I like walnuts because they tend to fill me up and make whatever i'm eating more satisfying (which means I'll be more likely NOT to overeat later),but "candied" walnuts! Good choice to skip on them fer sure.

I did the same thing last night while watching t.v: free weights. Nothing major, but if there's one thing that is sinking into my thick skull it's this: Every Movement Helps.

Kudos on the NSV!

Diane said...

And by the way, I forgot to add on my last comment - YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! :)