Friday, January 8, 2010

Sparkin' it up...

I burnt myself out on counting points. I felt like I couldn't eat much anymore so I've just been floating. Eating healthy (mostly) and kinda keeping track in my head what I'm eating. I wasn't feeling like it was very productive though in helping me get to my final goal weight. I needed more stucture again. So, I decided to change it up a little and try using SparkPeople. You can check it out here. I really like it. And the best thing, it's FREE! There are lots of helpful gadgets and they'll even provide you with meal plans if you want.
One thing I've come to realize on this journey is that you gotta shake things up sometimes. Tweak it till it starts working for you again. Just like anything else, you can become complacent. So if it seems like I'm getting lazy with something, I find a new angle. I read a new book. I try something else. And here's the thing, there's no perfect formula for everyone. Find what works for you and do it!

3 comments:

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

Ok. I will check it out. I did SO well the week my kids were gone....and this past week..not so well. (Today excluded..I have rocked today so far...so far...LOL...I should go to sleep now at 7:40 pm.....)

I need to get back in the groove and, as you say......I might need to shake things up a bit!

Tricia said...

I love sparkpeople, its a great community and resource!

leslie mae said...

I LOVE sparkpeople. I haven't used it for awhile but it is GREAT!! So cool that it's free too!!