Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sometimes You Gotta Loosen Up...

So last night instead of running my 3 miles like I planned, I went shopping. Thank you Melissa for calling and tempting me =) j/k It was a good thing actually because I need to break away from the routine from time to time or it gets boring. I've burned out before and I don't want to again. I do however want to be prepared for the half marathon that is on the agenda next month. So I went jogging tonight after the kids FINALLY went to sleep (don't even get me started on that topic...suffice to say that a teething 10 month old can make bedtime interesting). Anyway, I got in my 3 miles that I skipped yesterday and I did my yoga this morning like planned, so I am back on track for the week. Tomorrow I am supposed to run 6 miles. I hate that the temps have rocketed back up because that means I get to run in the heat. I guess I should be grateful to my hubby for getting me a "trail pack" because it is definitely going to come in handy as the temp creeps toward 103*.
My wise advice for the evening- loosen up every once in a while. Go shopping. Do something fun. Exercise will be waiting for you tomorrow. However, be mindful that you don't get too loose (I'm not even going to mention the joke I'm thinking of...hehehe). Anyway, one day off can quickly snowball, so be careful. If you keep at it though, it happens. I think back to a few months ago and I reread some of my posts....I realize now that it just hadn't clicked. If you are struggling, keep at it, and eventually it will click for you. Just keep moving forward.....

No comments: