Thursday, July 16, 2009

Get a friend...

It really hit me last night that having a exercise partner is the way to go. Of course, sometimes that's easier said than done. If possible though, finding someone of the same(ish) fitness level can be very beneficial because you can push and motivate each other. A prime example is myself and my sister-in-law. We are both excited for the half marathon next month and are doing some of our training together. Last night we ran 6 miles together and I shaved 6 minutes off my normal time. Having someone to work out with can also help distract from the monotony of exercise. And, it's harder to not exercise if you make plans with someone else. Just, haha, food for thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the next run. Thanks for going with me. :)
Melissa