Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Personal Best

So last night I decided to run a 3 miler instead of 6. I haven't run only 3 miles in a while. Since I'm training for the 10K on Saturday, I've been running longer distance for practice. I finished my 3 miles in 29 minutes. This is a personal best for me and I am so excited. I also got on the scale this morning (even though I shouldn't have) and I'm down to 180. Yeah!! That means I've lost 26 lbs so far.
Last week was difficult for me because I just wasn't eating enough lean proteins. I didn't gain, but I just didn't lose. So, this week I am focusing on great dinners with the protein falling into the fish or fowl category. You heard about my Teriyaki Burgers, then last night we did breakfast for dinner (that means eggs). Tonight it's fish tacos...mmmmm=) Anyway, my point is, if you are having a tough time, mix it up a little. Change one thing (like doing fish or fowl for a week), and see what happens. You don't have to make huge changes all at once, just do little things and it adds up. Keep movin' forward....

1 comment:

sabrina said...

woohoo!! good job! I know what you mean about the different kinds of dinners! That is the meal that always throws me off.