Friday, September 11, 2009

Tried & True #4

Eat a little fat 20 minutes before your meal (5-10 unsalted roasted almonds works well for me). Seriously, I said fat. This tip comes from the book YOU on a Diet. Basically you want to help your brain chemicals work with you. That means triggering them (with the good fat) to help you feel full sooner so you avoid overeating as it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register the "full" signal. If you are scarfing your food down then you will stuff yourself with extra calories before the brain says "Stop, I'm full". It also helps you feel full longer so you aren't as tempted to snack.
If you haven't read the book I also recommend picking it up at the library or bookstore. There are lots of great tips to help you make your body work with you instead of fighting against it. It's been a few years since I've read my copy, I think it's time for a little refresher :)
Are you gonna try this trick? If you do this or are going to try, I wanna hear about it. Remember, I LOVE COMMENTS :)

2 comments:

Rhiannon Bosse said...

This is a very interesting concept Tiff haha I do love it though :) Does a cupcake count? haha I wanted to let you know how much your comments on my site mean and especially how thoughtful the one you left today was. You are a great blogging buddy and I look forward to many more months of blogging together! Let me know how this dieting trick works! hehe xo

Samantha said...

Hmm...this sounds interesting. I will have to give it a try.