Monday, September 21, 2009

Cancer Awareness 10K

I had a great run on Saturday and set a personal record in the 10K with a time of 56:20. I finished 4th in my age group...11 seconds behind the 3rd place finisher. I was pushing hard to catch that girl in the pink shirt! It irks me that she's the one who got the medal. (I'm just slightly competitive if you couldn't tell). Anyhow, I ended up 69th overall out of 160 runners. Not too shabby in my humble opinion. I hit my weight goal of 160 and my time goal of a sub 57 min race. I was also able to go for a easy 8+ mile run Sunday morning with out difficulty. Hooray!
I'm 15 lbs from goal and it's getting easier most days to make the healthy choices. I feel like I'm finding a good rhythm. Now, I just need to stick with it. I'm going to try and keep my exercise routine pretty much the same for a while and just work on consistency. Also, I'm noticing a big problem area is my lower abs so I am going to work on focusing in and toning that. It's all about the goals for me...

5 comments:

sabrina said...

You are totally awesome!!! (ok, that was a saying from the past) LOL. Great job!

Tiffany said...

wAY TO GO GIRL...I am losing motivation...HELP. Can you please send me a sample menu for the day of what you are eating? I am at 166 and have been for two weeks..GRRRR I want to be 160 too.

Tiffany said...

Tiff- email me @ campi_mama@yahoo.com & I'll send you something. Plateaus SUCK!

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

Clapping vigorously for you....WOW...well done and a damn good inspiration for me. That was a 9 minute pace for the 10k. You rock!

Samantha said...

Congrats! I am now starting to train for a 10k and I am pretty excited about it. I always thought that I "am just not a runner" but I am done with the excuses.

P.S I love your blog! AS you can tell I am reading it post by post :)