Saturday, September 5, 2009

Color the Skies 5K Race

Just let me start by saying....WOO-HOO! This was such a fun race to run. A 5K is only 3.1 miles so it was easy compared to the last race which was the half marathon (13.1 miles). I managed to finish with an all time personal best. The clock said 26:45 as I crossed the finish line...and my prior best was 27:33 (and that was over 2 years ago). Since my goal heading into this race was to finish under 27 minutes, I'm doing a happy dance right now. And actually with as long as it took me to get to the official start line, my time would have been even better. I won't go on a rant about the people who line up in the front who have no business being there...I could, but I won't :)
Anyhow, I definately feel reinvigorated and ready to jump back on the wagon (or maybe push the wagon for a while) and keep going till I get to my goal. I only have 20 more pounds to go. I can do this!
*After looking at my official standings here is the outcome: 6th in my age group, 130th overall (out of almost 400)* Decent standings, I think :)

No comments: