Sunday, September 27, 2009

Funkytown...

I'm trying hard not to be, but I'm in a funk none the less. I've been eating pretty bad the last few days and not exercising either. I went out for a run this morning and made it a half a mile before turning around and walking home. My calf has been bothering me for about 3 weeks and I am tired of running through/with the pain or discomfort. Some days it's better than others and I only feel a twinge that gets better as I loosen up, but this morning it was hurting. I made the decision that it just wasn't worth it. Since I'm starting a juice fast tomorrow, I figure I'll let the leg rest at the same time. Basically I'm going to walk and do pilates or yoga this week and leave the high impact stuff alone.
I am excited to start my detox/ juice fast though. I hope that it helps me push through this block I'm having. I'm stocked up on my fruits and veggies and I'm in the right mental place to start a juice fast. Since a lot of it's mental, you have to embrace the idea or you'll fall flat on your face (I'm speaking from experience).
There are generally two schools of thought in the juice fasting arena....Pro JF or Anti JF. I know how I feel after a fast, so I tend to advocate it. It's a personal thing though. If it helps you feel better, readjusts your taste buds, busts through a plateau or refocuses you into the right mindset, I think it's a good thing. What do you think? Have you done a fast before? Or, do you think it's crazy? Let's hear your opinion on the topic...

2 comments:

Emily P. said...

I have done a fast before,years ago, but didn't embrace it as much as I should have. I think I might try to do another one soon though. Sounds somewhat refreshing to detox. You'll have to give me the details of how you do it, I'm not sure where to start. Good luck on yours. You're doing a fantastic job!

katie said...

I love doing fasts, I might start one this week, you are super inspiring, i bought this book at the beginning of the summer "the makers diet for weight loss" it has great fasts that he recommends you do at the change of the seasons, they are a little different because they are'nt juice fasts, but I did one at the beginning of the summer and felt soooo much better... maybe I will break out the book and start it this week... thanks for keeping me motivated.