Friday, June 21, 2013

"Clean it up June" food report...

Somehow I'm 4 days behind in my food updates? Whoops. Well, I know you're all wailing and gnashing in despair. NO!?! Well you should be. My food and photography skills are.....oh never mind.

On with the show...


Normal....


Nothing earth shattering here either...


The nice thing about "Clean it up June"? It is what I make it.  I get to decide if corn can make an occasional appearance.  In this case, obviously, it did.  I also had a paleo pancake that morning (mashed banana & egg). The pancake was only because I made them for a kiddo and it wasn't a hit :( Paleo pancakes aren't my thing either. They're ok, but I like my regular pancakes smothered in butter (it's possible I have an unhealthy relationship with butter...), so I really don't get any "satisfaction" from the paleo version. 


Can you tell what fruit was in our CSA box this week? Peaches! They are delicious. 
Day 20 was awesome. My sister-in-law and I took the kids hiking. Good stuff right there. Being capable of hiking for a few hours with 30 pounds strapped to your back? That's the definition of "physically fit" to me.  At one point I got something in my shoe. I was able to balance on one foot (with the kid strapped on) and fix the problem...core strength at its finest.

And now you're all caught up.

Happy Friday!




3 comments:

safire said...

Hiking is a wonderful way to stay active. I miss living in Taipei where there are a lot of trails and mountains to head to on the weekends :)

great food photos! They give me some ideas for the upcoming week when I head to the grocery store this weekend.

Have a great weekend!

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Oh corn on the cob....yummmmm but I always want to smoother it in butter (my butter addiction). Love the hiking, I haven't been out for a long time.

Tiffany said...

@Jess- I totally like my corn smothered in butter too, but I didn't do it :) I've learned to enjoy it in its natural state.
@safire- I love peeking at other people's food. And Taipei! :) The hiking I have near me kind of stinks, but I don't care. It gets me moving and it's something I enjoy.