Thursday, October 11, 2012

Weigh-in 10/11

Weigh-in day!
Previous Weight: 160.6
Current Weight: 159.0
Change: -1.6

Again, this week is pretty consistent with the past few weeks' losses.  I like this average.  It means that it's healthy and (hopefully) FAT LOSS, not muscle loss.  Since I've been eating lots of protein and doing my strength training I feel confident that my losses are primarily fat...woo.  The last thing I want is muscle loss. Especially since lean, mean machine is the ultimate goal :)
Quick update on my weekly goals and workouts...  Things are going well.  The next few days are going to be hectic so I'm not sure if I'll be able to hit all my planned workout components.  My daughter is turning 8 tomorrow so I have cake to make and lots of other little things to handle.  I've already done my pilates this morning and plan on hitting the trail for a walk with the kids after dropping birthday girl off at school. We'll have to see how tomorrow shapes up, but pilates and a walk should fit into the day somewhere.
Saturday evening hubby and I  have a Halloween party to attend.  I've got to finish my costume and figure out what side I'm bringing (Hubby wants me to make a pumpkin roll, but that seems dangerous because I LOVE PUMPKIN ROLL lol).  I'm still thinking on that one.  Suggestions are welcome.  The other thing I have to figure out is whether or not to drink at the party.  When I got back on track last month I made a decision not to drink for the rest of the year.  No particular reason, other than I know how negatively alcohol affects metabolism.  It seems silly to drink when I'm working this hard.  I know from past experience that I shouldn't drink while trying to lose weight because it is counter productive to my personal weight loss.  Other people can drink and lose weight.  Me? Not so much. It seems like a no-brainer, but... I guess we'll see.  When I told my husband I wasn't planning on drinking his response was "Well I was planning on you drinking." Oi.

Alright folks, that's all for now.  Hope your week is going well!  Please give me suggestions on healthy sides I can take to the party...I'm desperate :)