Saturday, October 13, 2012

PB Fix...

As some of you know, peanut butter has a special place in my heart.  Since I have a difficult time with portion control, I stopped buying it.  Two of my kids are allergic to peanuts anyway and hubby only eats it occasionally so it's presence in the house isn't really missed (except by me).

Enter PB2. 


 I heard about this a long time ago and finally decided to give it a try.  Essentially it's a dried peanut butter powder.  The drying process removes a large percentage of the fat (I'm not afraid of the fat, but having lower fat helps this fit easier into my daily intake).  I also found it has a built in portion control factor since you have to mix the powder before eating.  This is much better for me since I can't just dip into the jar any ol' time (yes, I used to eat pb by the spoonful when the mood struck).
So now I just throw some into plain greek yogurt or a smoothie and get my pb fix.  It's also good on celery for a mid afternoon snack.

Anybody else tried this??  I'd love to hear your thoughts on the product!

P.S. Have a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

nic said...

HILARIOUS! I was just going to write a post about this.

IT IS THE BEST!

deezer said...

Never even heard of it - it does sound like it would hit the spot as I am a massive PB fan, and as you said, its hard to have the portion control!!

Googling now to see if I can get it any of the healthfood stores here!

D