Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yummy in my tummy...

I've been on the lookout for different healthy things to eat that will fill me up and taste fantastic. I grabbed a sweet potato last time I went shopping with the idea of making sweet potato fries this week. While that never happened, I did stick the sweet potato in the micro and had a lovely baked sweet potato for dinner last night. As I was munching away I wondered about some of the health benefits of a sweet potato. So this morning I found this article and thought I' share.
The Health Benefits Of Sweet Potatoes | LIVESTRONG.COM
One more thing I learned was that it's a great food for me to eat before a run. It gives me a nice sustained boost. This will definitely be part of my pre-run menu from now on.
So, do you like sweet potatoes? What's your favorite way to prepare them? Please share...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yummy, I love sweet potatoes...I love mine baked in the oven like a baked potatoe...sweet potatoes go carmelly and so sweet...delish.