Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Taking a breather...

I've been doing a lot of thinking and soul searching lately. The conclusion...I need to take a breather and pull out of the obsessive track I've managed to become entrenched in. I'm taking 2 weeks and I'm not going to count points, not going to weigh myself, not going to obsess about how many pounds I still want to lose. I'm not going to go hog wild, that's not what I'm saying. I'm not taking a break from the healthy lifestyle that I'm working on creating. I am going to keep running, working out and eating healthy.
The goal is to make food less of a priority...eat to live, not live to eat. Food can't be a comfort. Can't be where I turn when I'm having a bad day. I'm making an effort to really listen to my body too. Eat when I'm truly hungry and STOP when I'm full. I want to eat healthy and enjoy it. One thing I realized today was that I have a hard time stopping...even if I'm full, I'll keep eating just because "It tastes SOOO good". What is that? Like I'm never gonna eat it ever again? Not likely! Chances are if I'm enjoying it, I'm gonna make it or eat it again. So that means I need to enjoy my food responsibly. It's going to be hard. This I know.
I'm actually excited about letting my body tell me what it needs. I found today I was eating small meals more often when I followed my hunger/full cues. Interesting. Hopefully my body will respond to this new tactic. I guess we'll see. I'm really not worried about it though...my brain needs the rest from thinking and obsessing about dieting.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hey girl I totally agree with you...for it to be a life style change you need to listen to your body. I have started taking this stuff called Liv Sxinny...I am loving it...it is helping my body tell me when to eat not the other way around. Lost 3 lbs in the first week on it...now working on week two. For me I have to fill my plate once and commit myself not to have seconds. I LOVE FOOD and think I still can love it , but take time to really enjoy it. I love reading this blog. Keep up the great work and thanks a million for the inspiration. :)