Saturday, August 29, 2009

The 2 lb lie...

You may laugh when you read this, it's a little silly. I have one of those old scales that has the dial you turn to get the line pointed straight up at zero. I always have it set about 2 lbs lighter. There is just something psychological that makes me feel better when I'm at a heavier weight. However, when I get into the 160's I generally say, "that's ridiculous, why did I do that" and I fix it. Which means I have to deal with seeing a bigger number and the feeling "heavier" for a few weeks even though nothing really changed. I didn't gain weight. It's goofy, I know. So, I've done away with the 2 lb lie...even though I feel better seeing the smaller weight on the scale. I'm doing better staying off the scale anyway, which is a good thing.
Do you have anything silly that you do? I'd really feel better if I'm not the only one. Please share...seriously :)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am always weigh myself first thing in the morning...naked that way I am the lightest possible.LOL

Woodstock Family said...

For some reason, if you lean a little to the right when you're weighing yourself, then the scale reads at least a pound lighter! Sometimes, when I need a little pick me up, I use this technique-other than that, I use Tiffany's method, in the morning with as little clothing as possible! Don't ever weigh yourself at night, you'll go to bed depressed!

Tiffany said...

LOL I will have to try leaning one of these mornings ;)