Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Workout Update

The "insanity" workouts are going great. I'm feeling stronger and I hurt when I'm doing them and I'm dripping sweat usually by the time I finish the warm ups. But there's a part of me that feels like I'm not doing enough. So, I've decided that I need to start walking again. My walking time was also my thinking time and my time to get out in the fresh air...without the kids. I'm missing that alone time. I think that's been part of my discontent the last few days. Part of what flipped the switch to uncaring about what I'm eating.
I'm really trying today. I didn't get my motivational outfit yesterday so it's on the agenda today...along with plenty of other things. Guess I better get off the computer and get to it.

3 comments:

sabrina said...

That makes sense about the alone time. Glad that the workouts are going good.

Samantha said...

Walking is such a great way to clear your head. And everyone needs and deserves "me" time. Keep up the good work!

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

Walking and alone time sounds like excellent goals! I miss walking a bit, too...and running outside at a slow pace. The weather makes me feel sort of stuck indoors now and when I am on the treadmill I typically push myself harder than when I am outside and my mind is super focused..not much other thoughts beside keeping up. Hmmm. Will have to think that one over and maybe add some long walks into my weekly routine...I just got some new snow pants, long underwear, and gloves...and my gortex shell from many years back fits me again...I can put em to use.