Monday, October 5, 2009

Just leave it alone

I have a weakness certain foods. Sweets are a big deal for me but I've been good about not overindulging...for the most part. We all have our slip ups from time to time. But anyway, I have a few foods that are "staples" that I struggle to eat in moderation. Butter, mayo, peanut butter and cream cheese are my downfalls lately. When I started losing weight I cut out mayo (I do have some light stuff, but I'd rather go without since it doesn't taste like mayo to me). I think I'm going to have to leave the peanut butter alone too now since I can't seem to control myself. A small amount seems to explode into a peanut butter eating frenzy. I did find that if I stuck it on the top shelf out of sight, instead of at eye level every time I opened the cupboard, I did better. I think it's a matter of figuring out triggers and removing temptations. Next on the agenda, figuring out a place for the butter....
Do you have a solution you've used to keep yourself from overeating? Besides willpower :)

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I find that if I read the labels and really acknowledge the serving size for what it is I am less likely to over indulge or I might even opt out altogether. I stay away from peanut butter now that I know that its 90cal a serving because its just not worth it to me to add that X2 to my toast (then again I like to eat plain whole grain toast so maybe I am just weird!!)

REBYRYAN said...

Have you tried butter spray? Zero calories, zero fat and it actually tastes pretty good. I have used it as a substitute anywhere I use butter (in small amounts anyway, I don't think it would work in a cookie recipe). Love that stuff!

http://gettingitbacktogether.blogspot.com/