Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My mish-mash thoughts...

This particular post is going to ramble. I am warning you ahead of time in case you have no interest in my convoluted thoughts.
Lately I am feeling like I'm treading water. Not getting anywhere, not accomplishing anything. I'm stagnant. I know in my head that in order to get to a goal I must work toward it. Anything worth having is worth whatever blood, sweat and tears you have to invest to get to the end result. I KNOW this in my head, I just can't seem to follow through. I have no drive. I can see my goals through a fog, they aren't crystal clear. I don't feel like investing the effort to bring them into focus, my ideas are somewhat nebulous and abstract. What I really need is a concrete plan. Something that is slightly flexible but specific at the same time. I know that there isn't a secret to weight loss and a healthy life style. It takes work and commitment. I need someone to be accountable to. I need to set up an exercise regimen like I've done in the past, and stick to it. I need to become a NIKE commercial and "Just DO It". =)

This week, my challenge is to myself. Coming up with a practical, productive game plan. Including goals that I can strive to accomplish. I think I'll also have to involve my husband. I need him in my corner. Even though he has an off-hand way of motivating, I know he wants to help me- he just has to know what I need.

So, wish me luck in coming up with a plan. As soon as I figure it out, I'll share...

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I think accountability is the key. You just can't be accountable to yourself because self is so nice and forgiving. Keep us posted! :)