Saturday, June 13, 2009

Old Goals....New Goals

Here's the update on the goal situation. Today was goal day. I ran my 5K this morning, finishing time- 31:04. Right on target as the goal was to finish under 31:30. The other goal I wanted to hit was for weight. I stepped on the scale this morning and what did I see? Bingo on the weight...exactly 190. Yay! Yay! Yay!
So, now for the new goals. You might be saying....what?! she just finished the first set! I know myself though. I need to have something to keep the momentum going. So, here we go.
Next month on the 11th I found a 10K run (that's 6.2 miles). Right now, I don't have a finish time set, just finishing it and running the whole thing is the goal. And now, a goal weight. I want to be somewhat ambitious for this month, especially if I'm going to be running and training for a 10K. I think 10 lbs is a good place to start. I can always update it.
Anyway, I felt really good running today. Yesterday I slipped into a pair of pants so comfortably it wasn't even funny. What an awesome feeling that was! The slogan for the race this morning was "Keep Moving Forward"....perfect sentiment I think!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

WOW great job Tiffany....I too ran my first 5 mile race on saturday too. It felt awesome to complete a goal. Hey do you mind telling me what food you are sticking with ...

sabrina said...

That is so awesome that you made it to your goals!!! You will make it to your next ones because your body is moving in that direction. Keep going strong!!!!