Sunday, June 28, 2009

Know your limits...

I made a stupid choice last night. I ran almost 6 miles in 96* weather after not having a sufficient meal (meaning a meal with some carbs to burn while running). Not smart! And I just kept pushing. It's one thing if you are in a life-or-death situation and you need to run, it's something else if you are just being stubborn. I tend to get into the "mode"- be it exercise or dieting or both, and get obsessive. I'm getting to the obsessive stage right now. I need to step back and relax- just a little, not a lot. My point is, just because you CAN do something like run when it's hot outside, doesn't mean you should. Listen to what your body is telling you. Mine was trying to tell me STOP! I was nauseous & my face went numb, that's not good!
Just remember, your fitness level varies from day to day, and that's okay! Know your limits and don't push too hard, or you'll burn yourself out. I've done that to myself in the past and I don't want to end up there again. Challenging yourself is different, that's a good thing. Obsessing on the other hand, that's a bad thing. So, I'm reevaluating for this upcoming week. I'm going to be smart. I am going to stay within my limits and work on the obsessing part. That means I think I need to get rid of the scale (or at least put it in the garage). That way I'm not tempted to get on it several times a day...seriously, I do that. But, not anymore. Here's to a good week!

1 comment:

sabrina said...

I do that with the scale too, check multiple times a day. I hope you are able to relax and have fun!