Totally awesome right??
Ugh. I was so pissed! Thankfully I know what to do. Ice & elevation helped a lot. I also did an epsom salt soak yesterday. Today it's doing pretty good. I'm hoping by Friday it will feel good enough for me to get in a power walk, but we'll see. I won't be running or jumping on it for a while, but it is what it is. There are plenty of exercises I CAN do.
So anyway, moving on....
I've never really been big on setting New Year's Resolutions. I do like setting goals though. I've been trying to concentrate on fitness goals more than anything lately so now seems like the perfect time to reflect and think about what I want in terms of fitness & health this year.
After some thought, here's the list of goals I came up with:
- Perform 5 pull-ups with an overhand grip (Currently at 1 with a neutral grip)
- Perform 30 military style push-ups (Currently at 12)
- Run 5k in under 23 minutes/ sub 7:30 mi pace (Current best 7:48/mi pace)
- Dead lift 1.5x my body weight -225 lbs (Current max DL ? Current DL 80-90lbs during multiple rep strength training)
- Eat more "RAW" and high quality foods
There are so many smoothie variations you can never get bored. I have found that some ingredients are not suited for smoothies. I made one yesterday that was unpleasant. I do not ever plan on putting cucumber into a smoothie again. I thought I had a brilliant idea to make a "Bloody Mary" -esque drink. Turns out I was wrong. I powered through most of it but had to dump the last bit cause I couldn't handle the texture. Whoops :)
So my question is:
Do you make smoothies (green or otherwise)? Please share your favorite smoothie recipe...
I'd also like to hear about your goals for the new year.
As always my friends, keep moving forward....