Thursday, May 28, 2009

Drop the CRAB...

We've all experienced those crabby days. When the kids just get on your last nerve and nothing hubby can say or do is right. Me, I find I'm at my crabbiest when I'm dieting or dealing with PMS. It finally hit me though that I need to make a concerted effort to drop the attitude. Dieting so I can lose weight should be a good thing, should make me feel happy and powerful and in control. Which, for the most part, it does. I'm feeling really good about the progress I'm making, my choices, my physical advancements. I just need to rein in the crabby momma that rears her ugly head from time to time...or maybe feed the crabby momma a healthy snack.
The point I'm trying to make, I need to evaluate myself emotionally as well as physically during this process. Having an occasional bad day is normal, being in a bad mood constantly because you're on a diet and feeling "deprived" or your blood sugar is too low, not a good thing. Just, haha, food for thought...

No comments: