Monday, May 19, 2014

Walk Proud...



1) Pre workout: Bulletproof Coffee  2) Chicken thighs and brussel sprouts (finished the chicken at lunch)  3) Tritip, salad w/pumpkin seeds, sweet potato w/butter  4) Taco salad 
*not pictured- 3 dates smeared w/ghee* This was not the best choice, but I'm being honest. It was definitely an "emotionally" driven food choice. I wanted them for the pure deliciousness of dates and ghee. 

I haven't taken pictures of everything I've eaten lately, but here are the highlights.  I had some off days, but things have generally been pretty clean.  Striving for progress, not perfection...



1) Homemade "trail mix" w/banana  2) Post workout Green smoothie  3) Sausage & sautéed veggies  4) Eggs, melted leeks & apple  5) Chicken thigh lettuce wraps & olives  6) Black Coffee 




1) Bulletproof Coffee [once or twice a week I drink this, otherwise it's black]  2) Summer salad & tuna wrapped in nori  3) Tuna & jicama sticks  4) Sausage, spinach & 2 eggs  5) Berry & spinach smoothie  6) Eggs, sautéed veggies and strawberries 


I've been struggling off and on with an "I feel fat" mentality. There are days that are like that. I made a decision though to just walk a little straighter. Confidence is about more than how you're feeling. Walk proud, even if its hard some days... Head up, shoulders back and SMILE! You'll feel better, I know I did.

Now comes the fun part... Vacation. The kids get out of school on Thursday and we're hitting the road for a week. I'm going to bring good snacks to eat in the car, but I really don't know how the dinners and such will go. This is life, and reality.  I'll squeeze in exercise where I can, and not stress overly much. This is all about making the healthy choices, one decision at a time...

Have a great week!!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Definitely try to walk proud!! It will only help you feel good overall and make the best decisions for yourself!

Jrafi Canada said...

For healthy living Healthy Food and Healthy Eating ,daily diet plays an important role. To get healthy and fit a proper and balanced, diet is necessary.
Your article is very nice , I had fun reading this and many great insights here.
Thanks for sharing an excellent article