Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yummy in my tummy!

Are you a snacker?? Me, I like to eat several small meals throughout the day. For that reason I've been searching for the healthiest foods to give me the most bang for my buck. My husband will tell you I'm becoming quite the hippie LOL.
Anyway, most of you know I ♥ beans. I wrote a whole post about it. Then I heard about something called roasted chickpeas. Intrigued? I was. So yesterday I made some. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!! The hubster tried them and said "These taste kinda like CornNuts". They're easy to make and are a quick healthy snack that gives you fiber, protein, carbohydrates and good fat. I ate some at lunch with an apple, string cheese and some veggies and hummus and I was FULL for a long time (and who doesn't want that).
Want the recipe so you can try it yourself? This is the one I used here at allrecipes.com. The only thing I did differently was cook them at a lower temp- 350*. I find that when roasting things (like almonds etc) that a lower temp over a longer period gives me a better result.
Hope you like them as much as I do....

1 comment:

REBYRYAN said...

I'm trying these today!! :)