Thursday, June 9, 2011

Changing my perspective...

Summer vacation time is upon us. Next week we're going to Disneyland. Between now and then I have lots to do, but I wanted to check in really quick. Things have been going well. I've been concentrating on making choices that I feel are sustainable going forward. I don't want to have to lose this weight again so I'm working on making sure this is a lifestyle I can maintain. All in all I'm feeling good about the direction I'm going. It used to be that if I blew my "diet" on a meal it would send me into a downward spiral and the rest of the day, the rest of the week, and maybe the next week, would be spent shoving my face or feeling guilty and trying to recover. Unproductive. I've decided to change my perspective slightly. A higher calorie meal is just that... a meal. Move on. Having a splurge on occasion is not going to add 10 lbs. Overeating for an extended period of time though will. Understanding that it takes 3500 extra calories to gain a "real" pound of fat helps me keep things in perspective. I'm also working on being more active than ever in everyday life. I walk places if it's feasible which saves on gas too. Example: I've got to go to the bank later...it's 2 miles away. Why not combine my errand and exercise into one?
While I still want to lose another 20lbs, I'm not as worried about getting there quickly. If I'm keeping my activity up and eating well I think my body will follow along.
Here's my newest progress picture (sorry, no makeup!). My size 10's are fitting comfortably again which is nice.
I'm looking forward to updating my weight after Disneyland. Till next week....

2 comments:

Jess said...

Love this! Slow and steady, right?
Have fun on your vacation!
J

missy poo said...

You look great! Have fun next week. :)