Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Positive action....

Just popping in for a quick hello. I caught a cold so the past few days have been kinda blah.  I cut back on my exercise but I've been trying to keep moving even if it's only for a short burst, like skipping home from the park.  Some of you probably think I've gone a bit whack-a-doo lately, what with the pogo sticking, cold showers, and now skipping down a public street.  Eh, I've always been a bit odd ☺  I truly think we don't take enough time to do simple, fun stuff (like skipping with the kids).
Anyway, moving on.  I did have a bit of a freak out moment this morning.  The past two days when I've gotten on the scale and the number has been higher.  While I've been working on breaking my emotional connection to the number, it was so disheartening to see, especially since I starting tracking my food again. Intellectually I know that I'm retaining fluid,which is something I do easily, but the other part of me went "WHAAAAAAA!! I gained 4 LBS".  But then I pulled it together and asked myself "Have you been overeating?" "Is this 'real' weight or not?".  Since the answer to both questions is emphatically "NO", I decided today's focus will be drinking plenty of water and green tea to help flush out the excess.  Positive reaction, not negative. If the answers to the questions had been "yes" a different course of action would've been necessary. I know by now that my weight can fluxuate dramatically because of water weight.  Having a good day with my eating despite the negative feedback from the scale is an important step for me. Strong foundation, strong foundation...
So, what's your relationship like with the scale? Love or hate?

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Relationship with the scale is so-so......not trying to get worked up because it takes at least three weeks for my body to really respond. Hopefully by that point I have established a habit ;) Hope that you recover quickly from the cold.....happy skipping! :D

Lucy said...

It is disheartening isn't it! And I love the attitude "Strong Foundation"...I've got to remember that.

My relationship with the scale? There's a song (Oldie but Goodie) called "It's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate"....that about sums it up.

Have a great one and thanks for all the support! It really makes a difference.