Friday, April 6, 2012

Building a Strong Foundation...

Are you all geared up for the weekend?  Jelly beans, marshmallow creatures & chocolate eggs.  UGH! Candy of any sort is usually one of my biggest weaknesses.  Not this time though!! I've learned that I can't just have "one piece" since that leads to me inhaling the whole spread.  Since I've basically been maintaining my weight  for the past few MONTHS, it's time get serious and start moving things forward in a positive direction.  Concentrating on how I want to live my life.  A candy binge/sugar coma  isn't going to get  me to my goals. 
I like lifting weights.  I like going for long walks.  I like eating low carb, moderate protein and high fat.  I like eating a large variety vegetables.  I like being able to look at the scale as a part of the picture, but not the final word.  I like taking cold showers (I get out feeling invigorated and ready to roll).  I like the fact I'm strong enough now to do a pull up. These are all positive things that will move me forward. 
In a month I'm turning 30.  I want to have a solid foundation to keep building on. Chocolate bunnies and colorful egg shaped malt balls make a crappy foundation.
Hope you all have a great weekend and start building your own strong foundations for a healthy future...

       

No comments: