Monday, December 26, 2011

Stop the insanity....

Hey there party people! Well, I survived Christmas. I'm a few pounds heavier, so I guess now the work begins again. As much as I want to dive into the leftover candy and cheesecake this morning, I won't. I've got to stop the insanity at some point, and this morning is as good a time as any. As long as I don't indulge first thing in the morning, I'm usually pretty good about staying away from the "treats" (until late afternoon rolls around). I'm still working on a plan for the pre-dinner time frame. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I'm working on it. I'm thinking gum and hot tea may play an integral roll in my afternoons for a while....

I sat down this morning and set up a concrete timeline to get to my goal weight. Having a time frame is generally helpful for me, but I realized that I hadn't done one in a while. It's time to get back to basics and start using the tools that have helped me lose weight in the past. One of those things is setting mini goals, so here they are-

Mini Goal Weights:
Jan 15th- 149 lbs
Feb 1st- 145 lbs
Feb 15th- 141 lbs
Mar 1st- 137 lbs
Mar 15th- 134 lbs Final goal

I'm not 100% sure what my exact weight is today, and I really don't care. My jeans are fitting snug, and that's really all I need to know. The plan this week is to get back to basics....exercise, eat plenty of vegetables, protein & good fats and did I mention exercise? Gotta make use of the new workout clothes I got for Christmas!
Onward and upward...oh wait, onward and downward ☺ Happy Monday!
*UPDATE: I just got home from a run. Haven't been running much lately, but the mood struck me once I was out there. Ended up running 6 miles!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Did you read my mind this morning! LOL!! I could have written this exact post. Veggies, protein & good fats sounds like the perfect start.

We've got left-over OVER KILL - BUT, like you said, the insanity has to stop and right now is as good time as any.

I'm with you!

Sabrina said...

Go Tiff!! Looks like a good plan!