Friday, April 22, 2011

Hospitals and Stress...

So we've been having a rough go of it lately in our house. Last Saturday (the 16th) my 2.5 yr old son had to be hospitalized. We were finally discharged on Tuesday afternoon after spending the better part of 4 days in the hospital. He has asthma and allergies and when he gets a virus it tends to go straight to his chest and often turns to pneumonia. Which happened. He had to be on oxygen for several days. Thankfully he is doing much better now but the whole experience was stressful to say the least.
On a brighter note I was able to maintain my weight during all this. I've been able to slide right back into my normal healthy eating and I'm feeling good about that end of things. The exercise part of things is where I'm struggling right now. I plan to focus my energy on that next week. One other thing to note- I've picked out my first (post baby) 5k. I'll be running it May 7th. More about that in another post.
So that's the update. Hope everyone has a great weekend....

No comments: