Sunday, December 27, 2009

Time to Refocus...

Like most everyone, I went off my normal healthy regimine during the holidays. It's hard not to temporarily slide back into old habits. But here's the thing, eating that way made me feel bad. And gross. My body is wondering what the heck I'm doing to it. Sometimes the idea of eating something is more tempting than how it actually tastes. So now's the time to refocus. Set some new goals. Get back on the healthy track and move forward. I'm not waiting for the new year. I'm not waiting for Monday. Each time I eat something it's a choice, good or bad. Time to start making the right ones again. I haven't made all the best choices today, but I did make the choice to go out and run 4 miles. It's a step in the right direction and I can live with that. How is every else doing getting back on track?

4 comments:

Diane said...

Good job getting right back in there. I'm with you on this!! Let's get to it!!

Scott and Manda said...

Di-tto! I think I'm up.. I don't even want to know how many pounds I'm up! I totally want in on this challenge, what are the specifics? How long, is it about weight, etc.? Thanks!! Glad you're feeling better!

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

Good for you Tiffany! Right there with you. Two days of running then a gym day for me today...and this concludes my third day of VERY clean eating. The scale is respecting my efforts....as is my body. Good to know that exercise and eating well works....tee hee....you'd think I'd have figured that out by now. :) I am on a mission to finish 2009 strong.

Lucy said...

You are so right about the idea of eating something being more tempting than how it actually taste!

I cannot wait until the new year to "start over." I don't want to start over. I can't start over. Some folks may need to start over, and that's o.k. Losing weight is so personal (what works for one won't necessarily work for another (emotional/mental wise). I can't start over...again! For me, it's more important to pick myself off the ground and move forward..today!

So, you didn't make the best choices but you ran 4 miles! Wow! I'll trade places with you any day! Good job..no, better than good job - GREAT JOB!